Monday, May 7, 2012

Second Chances



Have you ever done something within your life and always wanted to finish or do something different about it? I know I have. I'm sure we all have. I've learned a hard lesson in taking a step back and reanalyzing my past steps and doing the whole; coulda, shoulda, woulda aspect of it all.

Sometimes our second chances are given to us so that we can achieve and fix the mistakes prior. Sometimes our second chances are literal do-overs. It's our gift from the universe to make wrong, right. For me? The universe granted me a chance to powder down my concrete heart and see the true contents inside. Because of you I will say, "Thank-you."

We encounter others on the daily with the hopes that the minuscule things we do will change the world.
I've learned that those little things added up to a big change within me. I've learned to see the hope that my said concrete heart was never able to see before. There's a girlie finesse thats come to transcend onto my exterior that  I wasn't sure exactly existed before. A faith and childish hope that my dream come true and my one day could possibly be looming upon my near and distance future.

My second chance was my second chance at true hope, true confidence, true worth; that I with everything involved am worth it. I got that second chance to understand the true meaning of family. I got that second chance to understand my subconscious heart and actions. Placing myself in the aspect of, one day that will be me. I got my second chances, and my second chances have become my everything. I even got my second chance to fix my broken hardened heart. I got that chance to understand that feeling of true care and company. I got that second chance to understand strong doesn't have to mean hard. I got that second chance to see that crack in my concrete heart wasn't jackhammered there because I was weak. It was jackhammered there because it was what I needed. I needed to feel again. I needed to be side-swiped and pummeled to the ground then lift back up again to gain that second chance insight.

It was what I needed.

Quite possibly the best second chance I got was fixing the ending that resulted in a second layer of cement around my already hardened heart. After all emotions settled in, paths came to cross again. To fix the wrong previously done to understand we both have won. Its that chance of all chances to change that first ending. The ending that harbored anger, hurt, and guilt. Its re-written now in how it always should have been, in hopeful communication. Its a veered path that we both didn't see that shifted the sight of our course. But widened eyes and powdered hearts are exactly what the cosmos ordered.

To think and feel, to see the difference; its seconds to second chances to re-write our lost hope.



Here's to my second chance at hopeful memories




No comments:

Post a Comment